Is Almond Flour Keto? Know The Do’s And Don’ts With It!
Many people prefer baked Keto dish, and they look for the best option. Yes, there are many available Keto flour substitutes for baking that can make your lives easier. If you are wondering that Almond flour is Keto, then the answer is YES. You can use it as a Keto flour to make various delicious, mouth-watering recipes. Yes, don’t wait and go for it!
Why it’s Keto? And, why it’s good for people on the Keto diet?
Almond Flour is gluten-free and used heavily in paleo cooking. This is not as much processed as healthy whole grains; therefore, it is considered highly nutritious. This is low-carb flour and is high in fiber and protein.
This flour is suitable for the people who want to follow a ketogenic diet as it can be the best grain-free substitute to regular flour, pizza crust, and breadcrumbs. This is versatile and can be used to make Keto pizza crust, muffins, tortillas, waffles, and more. No doubt, this is low in carbs but high in healthy fiber and fats.
Interesting Facts to Know!
- Health benefits: Several things compel people to go for it. This high protein flour is just ground almonds. It will not raise your insulin and better for blood sugar too.
- Nutrition: 28 gm (1/4 cup) of almond flours contain 6g protein, 15 g fat, and 1 g of net carbs. Well, nutrition depends on the brand you use; therefore, always go for high-quality options. It’s a great substitute for all-purpose flour; it has similar taste and flavor and can be used with a ratio, i.e. 1:1. Diabetic people can use it without any issue.
- Set limits: this is not carb-free, so you should take ‘carbs in almond flour’ into consideration. It helps maintain weight loss goals, and you will be able to stay in Ketosis. You should avoid having it in large quantities as it is high in omega 6 (an inflammatory polyunsaturated fat)
- More fat content: It has more fat content than the regular flour, which is considered ideal for people on a Keto diet.
- Better than white flour: This is mechanically ground, leaving nutritional properties and fatty acids in place. When you use it instead of the all-purpose flour, you also get a dose of minerals, vitamins, fats, and other nutrition. Almond is a rich source of Vitamin E, and it ensures protection from free radicals as this also acts as an antioxidant.
If you are following the Ketogenic diet and looking for the substitute of flour in Keto recipes, then Almond flour can be the best option to make nutritious Keto snacks.