Is Bulletproof Coffee A Keto Diet Option? Yes/No!
Keto drinks like bulletproof coffee are considered ‘far from fad.’ It can help you accelerate losing those few extra pounds. Bulletproof coffee is a simple concoction of coffee, oil, and butter, which can be a complete meal. If you have been following the process of ketosis and have been curious, then avoid diving deep into the process. Bulletproof coffee can be your best friend. Yes, Bulletproof Coffee is Keto!
But, why bulletproof coffee? Well, any meal that comprises 80% fat, almost negligible carbs, and a moderate amount of protein qualifies to be Keto. Given that you have just an ample amount of coffee, grass-fed butter, and MCT oil, it contains 0g carbohydrates and 0g protein.
Why is it, Keto? Why is it good for you?
Coffee is a complete beverage when it is considered individually. However, let’s break it down into the components where you can understand why it is so important in a keto diet. Ketosis is a process where the body uses the stored fats as an energy source. In a general scenario where you are eating anything and everything and gulping down oodles of bulletproof coffee, it only works adversely. You might even encounter severe health issues if you do not consider other aspects.
Drinking coffee in a modified form like BPC helps you accelerate the ketosis process. Since it is considered a complete meal, it is advised that you do not include as a side beverage at all. It is advised that you do not drink more than a single cup each day. If you want to moderate the amount of fat intake or compensate the keto process, all you need to do is control the saturated fat intake in form of MCT oil or butter.
Important Facts that You Should Know!
Bulletproof coffee might sound like a bullet that you would want to deal with for a while when you are trying to integrate into your lifestyle, but it doesn’t take long to become a way of life. Bulletproof coffee uses low mold coffee beans and grass-fed butter. But, how does that make any difference?
Grass-fed butter has higher omega3 fatty acids, which is a great source of good fats. On the other hand, mycotoxin free coffee helps you alter the gastrointestinal processes which are a crucial trigger for ketosis. When done right, it supports your body to shed that extra fat. But, if done without supervision, it becomes dangerous and causes chronic illness. Moreover, it is so easy to make a bulletproof coffee when you are brewing it fresh. All you need to do is find a proper recipe that suits your taste buds.
- The impact of keto cannot be stressed enough. Triggering weight loss tops the charts in a metabolic state where your body is starved of carbs.
- Bulletproof coffee has been known to kill sweet craving, give you a high energy overdrive, improves cognitive functions, enhance your mood, beats mood swings, and keep you energetic throughout the day. However, you need to go through the extreme hurdle of dealing with the keto flu which can be a total dud.
[Secret: Push through for a week, and you would be fine!
- Conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, cardiovascular issues, etc., can also be controlled and treated with regular consumption of the bulletproof coffee
- Having a hot drink always helps in losing that extra fat that has been troubling you for ages. However, with the deep ketosis dive, it only becomes easier for you to hold on to the diet. It is always a great sign when you start noticing significant progress.
It is not unlikely that your friends would be harping about a fully healthy and nutritious breakfast they had at the new hip restaurant. Nevertheless, we say, “no fat, no opinion.” Nutrition means different things to different people. For some it could be eating out-of-the-box; for some it means embracing the right kind of diet that is customized for them. Even though you have been determined to stay on track, reading about drawbacks of BPC can be slightly challenging to deal with.
Nutrition is always a potential threat. It might fulfill your daily calorie intake requirement but doesn’t replace the goodness which a full meal can provide. Moreover, it is high in saturated fats, which have doctors and researchers split across the table. If generic research is to be believed, consumption of high saturated fats can be a contributing factor when it comes to elevating cholesterol levels or just causing several diseases.
LDL or bad cholesterol levels only increase when you consume a copious amount of saturated fats. This can lead to severe coronary heart diseases, which block the blood flow to the heart. Coffee with butter might be a miracle, but coffee with a cardiac arrest? Not so much.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee?
How difficult could be brewing a simple cup of coffee? Well, when it comes to making the perfect brew of bulletproof coffee, it can be quite a task.
- Use freshly ground coffee beans which have lower mycotoxin. You can always use a French press to brew it traditionally. One cup of coffee should be your standard measure.
- Add one tablespoon of the miracle ingredient MCT oil
- Pick out your favorite grass-fed unsalted butter and add 2tbsp of buttery goodness to your coffee.
- Blend it in a blender for up to 40 seconds until it looks creamy and frothy.
- Warm it in the microwave if you want to consume it hot.
Keto Bulletproof Coffee Options!
Bulletproof coffee is an ideal choice when choosing a keto drink as it has ample energy that can help you to replace your meal. If you have been cutting down calories to lose weight or experience health benefits, bulletproof coffee can help you achieve that- slow and steady. It is not a fad; it is a lifestyle. Making it a part of your life can bring out the best in you. Are you ready for it yet?
When you are making a life-altering decision, it can get slightly overwhelming when you have so many options. Do you go for the best customer reviews, or do you go for a cheaper alternative? We believe our Keto community which is impeccable and helps us grow every day. Despite it being a tie between the bulletproof grasses fed quality pasture-raised ounces and Kerrygold Pure Irish grass-fed butter, the former was a clear winner.