Is Monk Fruit A Keto? How to Use It for Ketosis Process?
Yes, Monk fruit is Keto, indeed one of the best keto sweetening options. It is analogous in structure and size to a lemon. Those on the keto diet get sugar cravings because up till now, sugar used to fulfill their primary fuel needs. The body remains habitual and demands sweetness; this is where Monk Fruit helps. Natural keto sweetener such as monk fruit can replace your table sugar, offering you several health benefits.
Why is it, Keto? Why is it good for people with a keto-diet?
Monk fruit promotes ketosis and helps you in losing and maintaining your ideal body weight. Let’s first understand what ketosis is. It is a metabolic process where the body’s stored fat is utilized to create energy for body activities. This is how people on a keto-diet achieve a healthy lifestyle and tends to lose excessive weight.
Keto-diet is all about low-carb, no-sugar, and high healthy fat intake. Monk Fruit is one of the best options for adding sweetness to your keto diet plan. No wonder, it is also well-known as the modern, Zero-Calorie, zero-glycemic sweetener. Let’s know the facts. Its extract consists of only 0.4-0.5g/1tsp net-carbs, which is why it is ideal for ketosis. It is a great sugar substitute when making keto-friendly baked food-items.
Interesting Facts to Know about Monk Fruit
We have understood that Monk Fruit is keto, yet we must know more about its other interesting facts. It is linked with facts that you should be aware of before using it as a sweetening option in your keto-diet. Additionally, it is also associated with many health and dietary benefits. Check them below:
- All about Monk Fruit: Monk Fruit Corporation has existed for more than a decade. This 100% natural sweetener has been used in agronomy and processing industries. Global food and beverage companies use it to sweeten their products more healthily than ever before. On the label of food products under ingredients, it is called Luo Han Guo in Chinese. Monk fruit is a native fruit grown in Southeast Asia and China and is difficult to harvest in other countries.
- How is it made? Monk fruit is 100% natural; it is prepared after crushing the fruit and obtaining the juice. The crushed fruit is dried and powdered; this powder contains no glucose and no fructose, yet it contains mongrosides. Mogrosides are an antioxidant and the main reason for its sweetness; this is how Monk Fruit is a low-cal sweetener. Low level of net carbs (0.4-0.5g per teaspoon) makes it the most suitable sweetening alternative for baked ketogenic foods.
- Weight-loss with Monk fruit: This sweetener aids weight loss by reducing total calorie intake. The body metabolizes this fruit differently than table sugar; thereby, it is valuable in the keto-kitchen. The intact fruit contains fructose and sucrose; however, the powder is free from fructose and sucrose. All its sweetness is because of Mogrosides.
- Monk Fruit and Keto Recipes: Monk Fruit is the most preferred natural sweetener for keto-friendly desserts. Its extraordinary sweetness, which is 250 times more than the regular table sugar comes from a non-caloric compound known as Mogrosides. Jump-start your day with a keto-friendly smoothie, which is kicked up with a pinch of Lakanto Monk fruit sweetener – 1:1 keto-sugar substitute.
- Best Diabetic Option! Mogrosides stimulates insulin releases, leading to sugar metabolism and blood-sugar levels regulation. This is how it is an ideal sugar alternative for people who have diabetes. It is great for keto-community, those who need to keep away from sugar.
- Other Health Benefits: Monk fruit keto-sweetener wards-off infections such as cold cough, inflammation, and more in the body. The antioxidants keep cancer-forming chemicals at bay in the body. This sweetener also decreases fatigue. It helps in relieving symptoms that are associated with certain allergies, such as histamine.
- Monk Fruit alternatives: There are other artificial, alcohol sweeteners such as xylitol, aspartame, dextrose, and sucralose; however, they may cause adverse effects to your health. Stevia (extracted from Stevia plant) is another natural sweetener; yet, the best one remains Monk Fruit.
- How to pick the best? Monk fruit sweetener is readily sold in the market in the form of powder, liquid, and granule. You must check the ingredients before buying; pick a brand contains 100% Monk Fruit extract or Lakanto Monk Fruit that contains monk fruit sweetener and erythritol.
- Price Comparison: Monk fruit is natively grown in China and Southeast Asia, and is imported in the rest of the countries as it is hard to grow. It is imported at a higher price than other natural sweeteners across the world. Its plantation process is harder than the stevia plant and sugarcane; therefore, it is heavily priced. If you are more concerned about your carb and sugar intake, and if you aren’t worried about pricing, then monk fruit is worth the investment.
Yes, monk fruit is 100% and keto-friendly. Continue enjoying your favorite cuisine including desserts, even when you go sugar-free, especially during your keto-diet with Monk fruit natural sweetener. Opt-out of all the other unhealthy sweetening options and check out the available brands that sell this sweetener. This little step will take you a long way in ketosis without having to crave for sweets and treats.