Pizza (A Yum Recipe): Is It Keto? Know The Good And Bad!
No, pizza is not Keto, it is the high carb. It is against all ideologies of ketosis; the bread of the pizza is loaded with gluten, and the sauce spread over its surface has products that are filled with sugar and carbs. A keto diet requires you to run on low carb high fat diet; hence, a pizza – filled to the brim with carbs – defeats the purpose of ketosis.
This greasy delicacy is loaded with carbs and calories, and thus, should be avoided by anyone on ketosis. Nevertheless, for hardcore lovers of pizza, there is a solution in the name of ‘Keto Pizza.’ A traditional pizza crust has about 80 net carbs, whereas a nicely made keto pizza crust can have as low as six net carbs. It is delicious and healthy and keto-friendly. The main element of a pizza lies in its crust; the topping can be a healthy alternative of your choice.
You can make your pizza crust with simple ingredients like almond flour or coconut flour, Mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and egg. It is termed as Fathead Pizza Crust, a healthy and hearty choice for all pizza lovers on a keto diet.
Interesting Facts to Know about Keto Pizza!
- There are several other recipes to make a Fathead Pizza Crust; it includes Mozzarella cheese, Almond Flour, Psyllium Husk Powder, cream cheese, and egg.
- You can use an alternative in place of almond flour/coconut flour, which is cauliflower/zucchini. It will enhance your ketosis and encourage a healthier lifestyle.
- If you have problems making a pizza crust for yourself, then you can find Keto Pizza Crust by shopping at Cutdacarb, a place for several ketogenic followers.
- If you want to go out to eat Keto pizza, Blaze Pizza Crust is the first national chain to offer a keto-friendly pizza crust. They also offer online orders.
- The overall net carbs on the Keto pizza crust is roughly 6g per pizza or 1g/slice.
- Every extra topping that you add to your pizza has a separate carb contribution; you need to choose a keto-friendly option. To keep up with your keto diet it is necessary to care about carb and sugar added in topping.
- Gluten-free bread and sugarless sauce is a great way to add up to your keto pizza.
Giving up on food items that you love can be difficult, but something a healthy lifestyle requires that. That does not mean that you cannot adjust to a keto diet and enjoy your favorite food. With introduction to Keto Pizza and Fathead Pizza Crust, you can now make, or buy, your keto-friendly pizza.