Is Psyllium Husk Keto? Know Its Uses And Benefits!
What is Psyllium Husk Powder? Is it Keto friendly powder? Well, it comes from Plantago Ovato plant, and husk is the best source of soluble fiber. This sort of fiber absorbs water to form gel when you add it to water. Virtually, there is no net carb so that it can be good option for Keto eaters. You can avoid carbohydrates by choosing such options. This is often ground into the form of powder that makes it best for cooking. Let’s talk about some health benefits of Psyllium Husk Powder.
Why it’s Keto? And, why it’s good for people on the Keto diet?
Virtually, this powder has zero digestible carbs, so yes this can be the best thing for the people follow a Keto diet. Around 1 tsp psyllium husk powder contains 5 grams fiber and just 25 calories. This is known for its laxative properties. It can slow down the food movement through digestive tract and absorption of glucose in blood by just forming gel with water.
It can lower down LDL cholesterol level as it can bind to bile acids. This is also considered as stool softener as it has strong water-holding capacity that can affect bowel function positively.
Interesting Facts to Know about Keto Psyllium Husk Powder!
- This can be a powerful ingredient in baking or low carb cooking. It can enable bread to achieve light consistency and hold more water. It can make dough easy to handle, more pliable, and roll out. This is a popular product that is easily available in health food stores, grocery store and online too.
- It comes from Plantago Ovato plant and its all-fiber. Its powdered form makes it best for cooking. This is good for your health and helps manage your weight too.
- If you are among those Keto eaters who are finding it hard to give up high carb food, then you can use this product in many adapted recipes.
- It’s worth considering using this product into the Keto diet as an active ingredient as it gives a fiber boost. It’s also used as the active ingredient in the stool-softeners Metamucil and Fybogel
- It is the best option to maintain good bowel function.
- You can achieve feeling of fullness naturally by using it, and this is good for weight management or loss.
- These are some health benefits of using it, but sometimes you may have to face some issues like increased gassiness, bloating, and more on taking large amounts of it.
Apart from using psyllium husk powder as an ingredient to create Keto recipes, you can also enjoy many health benefits. You should choose a high-quality product so that you can avoid any issue.