Sunflower Seed – Is It Keto?
Yes, sunflower seeds are Keto! We tend to crave more snacks when we are on a diet, and if you are on a keto diet then snacking healthily can become very difficult. This is where sunflower seeds step in as sunflower seeds are keto, and you can have them as a snack in your grim ketogenic diet.
Why it’s Keto? And, Why It’s good for People on a Keto-Diet?
Sunflower seeds fit the keto-profile as they are filled with many health benefits. In a ketogenic diet, the body turns into a fat-burning machine, and the leftover fat in the body acts as a fuel to accelerate weight loss. To do all of this, we have to cut back on carbs without compromising the micronutrients. Sunflower is the perfect solution to this.
Every iota of sunflower seeds is full of vitamins and minerals. Just a single serving of sunflower seeds contains as much as 37% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin E, which is an essential element for proper brain functioning. They are an excellent source of copper, which is paramount for the absorption of iron in the process of digestion and the formation of red blood cells.
Interesting Facts to Know about Sunflower Seeds
While on a keto diet, you can satisfy your craving for crunchy snacks with sunflower seeds as they are keto-friendly. You can sprinkle them to your salads for that extra topping or mix them with yogurt. The nutritional value of 1 ounce of sunflower seeds contains:
- Net carbs: 4g
- Fat: 14g
- Calories: 164
Sunflower seeds are a great option for your keto diet, but as you can see from the above nutritional value, they aren’t carb-free, so be very careful with the portion size you consume. Sunflower seeds are also rich in Chlorogenic Acid due to which our bodies reduces the release of glucose in our bloodstream after consumption of a meal.
Sunflower Seed Benefits
- These seeds have a high content of vitamin E, which helps to prevent coronary heart disease and strengthen the immune system. The anti-inflammatory properties help to promote good eye health and reduces the risk of cancer.
- They also have paramount importance in hormone regulation, which is great for PCOS/PCOD women.
- You can bid adieu to deficiencies forever, as it is very rich in vitamin B.
Sunflower Seeds Keto-Friendly Option
Sunflower seeds have a strong portfolio of vitamins and minerals and can be your much needed crunchy snack for your keto diet. After careful research, we have found the best ones for you to choose from. They are:
- Terrasoul Super foods Organic Hulled Sunflower Seeds: These handpicked seeds grow in a small organic farm that is crunchy and nutritious without any added oils or salt.
- David Seed Sunflower Seeds: These seeds are roasted in the shell and give you a salty and delicious taste without compromising in the quality and nutritional value.
There are many varieties of sunflower seeds available for you to choose from, which can transform your keto diet to a large extent. We recommend you to consume salted or roasted keto-friendly sunflower seeds to avoid intake of added sugar. So, don’t wait any longer and lead towards a healthy and active lifestyle.